Sunday, January 08, 2006

Post-script to last night's events:

One more thing that I should mention was what happened after the show. We dutifully queued to get the newly-purchased 'Room of Songs' autographed and to meet and greet the band. While we were in line, I saw a tall figure approaching me. It was my former girlfriend MaryBeth who comes in at a striking 6'3" in stockinged feet (she claims 6'1", but I'm 6'2" and she's taller than I am).

It was a little bit strained; somewhere near the 'cordially frosty' point on the air kisses <-> pistols at dawn continuum. This might have had something to do with the fact that the only exchange we've had over the last 3 years was when I found out that she was continuing to use my Emusic.com account to download music for free (for her, that is ... it was costing me my $9.99 / month subscription). When I tackled her on it, she came up with some lame story about how the cookies must have been still sitting around on her PC and that her new boyfriend (who also has an Emusic.com account) must have inadvertently gone into my account without noticing. Hmmm, the phrase "pull the other one .. it has bells on it" comes to mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

"somewhere near the 'cordially frosty' point on the air kisses <-> pistols at dawn continuum"

Too funny for words.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home